Students living on campus have access to the library (see the library’s website for its operating hours). Students will be able to:
- Pick up books requested from the stacks
- Use interlibrary loan
- Use the reading room and its reference books
- Use course reserves
- Have remote electronic access to databases and other online resources
- Use the scanner and printers
Students who do not live on campus will be supported by the library staff remotely, who will provide:
- Curbside pick-up or mailing of research materials
- Interlibrary loan
- Scanning of materials (course reserve readings, articles, book chapters, etc.)
- Virtual meetings for research help and questions
- Remote electronic access to databases and other online resources
The stacks will be closed to students; see the above details for contactless check out for students.
Book Returns & Quarantine
Books returned from the stacks or interlibrary loan will be quarantined for 24 hours before returning to the shelf.
Reading Room & Other Library Services
Students may come to the library and use the reading room for study and other library services. They must follow the rules of social distancing: mask, six feet apart, sanitize upon entry, and so on; the library staff will do the same. There will be clear signage about entering and leaving the Rangos Building.
Other considerations for use of the library include:
- All patrons will have access to hand sanitizer throughout the library
- Furniture will be arranged to accommodate social distancing protocols; however, for larger tables, patrons should use common sense and remain six feet apart
- The library will be cleaned regularly in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines and procedures
Library staff reserve the right to ask patrons to exit the library if they are not following the above measures